Monday, January 24, 2011

Cabin Fever

Since surgery, I have not wanted to leave the house. I have been sitting in the house keeping to myself. Watching my netflix shows and sleeping. My children were driving me batty because they were home from school due to inclement weather and ailments. Now I am feeling better and I want out of the house. Saturday I got the mail I was waiting on, my check for short term disability, and I drove to the bank to deposit the check before they closed. I figured, the bank is not far, I should be able to drive.

I drove and immediately my right side in my abdomen started hurting from the muscles being pulled. Then I got jiggled around in the car and other things started to hurt also. I came home immediately after the deposit and took two pain pills. I wanted to cry. I should have been able to drive, it has been 16 days, by my calculations since surgery. Apparently, my body does not like me.

My significant other was not happy with me, when he woke up, to find me sleeping on the couch. I was awakened by a man wanting to know how the car got moved. I told him I drove to the bank to see if i could drive without pain. I was wrong. The look on my face told him I was in pain. I still wanted out of the house. I had a need to leave for food or something I just needed out. Sunlight, anything to make me feel like I am not stuck in my own home. I asked him to drive me to a restaurant for a meal, I was craving Mexican food. I got what I was craving, fajitas. Delicioso. My stomach was satisfied. We then went shopping for some craft supplies at Hobby Lobby and he pushed me around in a wheelchair so I would not be in pain.

Simply put my little escapade accomplished my goal and got me out into the real world. I do not feel as cooped up, but i do feel the need to leave more. That night I invited my father over. We played one of his new games he got  for Christmas. It was a fantastic evening. I had some great Starbucks coffee, grande Mocha. Enjoyed some quality family time. I did allow my daughter to leave to stay the night at a friends house and to go roller skating. My step son went to his mothers and went to see OZZY OSBOURNE in concert at the SPRINT CENTER, with her and his brother. Jealous, is all I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment