Sunday, February 27, 2011

Medical Release

I can not believe how big a deal it is to have a medical release to go back to work. I have been on the phone with both surgeons assistants, the insurance company and the short term disability company. Just to get them all on the same page. I am being released to go back to work March 7th. I am looking forward to it, I miss being at work sometimes. Don't get me wrong I enjoy staying home and visiting with my daughter and partner and step kids, but work feels the basic need of getting out of the house and socializing with my coworkers.

While I have been home from work for these surgeries I have had people visit and I have visited a few, but with the weather being a wintry mix for weeks on end I didn't really leave much. I really hope that with my return to work my short days are just what the doctor ordered to get me used to being back on my feet again. Hopefully the pelvic pain stays away. I hate being in pain and working.

Next week I plan on going to work to get my schedule, drop off a few things for some coworkers and find out if our new shirts have come in. I hope they did not institute a new dress code while I was gone. I don't want to have to shop for new clothes to go back to work. I should only be working a few days a week not a full week to start off. Medical release has also put restrictions on my lifting too, at work, five pounds. Not that I lifted that much at work any way.

I have noticed since both surgeries a lot less headaches. Notice I did not say migraines. It is amazing at the difference. I also have finally started healing from the pelvic pain so with the decrease of both issues I look forward to more activity and sunshine. :)

Well now to get back on a better sleep pattern. I need to make sure I am not up at all hours of the night. It would truly help if I had a better bed, but that is a story for a different day.

No comments:

Post a Comment